ncurses is weird
- terminfo can an describe terminals both using individual colors, and color pairs
- colors / initc / setaf & setab for individual colors
- pairs / initp / scp for color pairs
So far so good
- Color reset caps only available for pairs: oc, op
- Color set caps only available for colors: ccc
- Terminals not supporting initp / scp still have to set a `pairs` value because that's the only way ncurses allows setting colors
Birdsite link, thread on Google's shady practices about open source work by employees (IP theft?)
I wish everybody knew about https://outline.com
when "hey you should read article! [link]" leads you to some hideous monstrosity of popups, autoplaying videos, and begging for/demanding money to read the damn text, you can instead:
1. copy the URL
2. paste it into the outline.com box
3. enjoy reading the actual text
4. (optional) say "not today, Satan"
sometimes it doesn't work, for some mysterious, unexplained reason. outline.com sometimes chokes on NYT articles, for example, but other times if I close the tab it's in, open an new tab, and try pasting the url again, it works, so.
anyway yeah! spread the news!
#Google Has Quietly Dropped Ban on Personally Identifiable Web Tracking - ProPublica
"The practical result of the change is that the DoubleClick ads that follow people around on the web may now be customized to them based on your name and other information Google knows about you. It also means that Google could now, if it wished to, build a complete portrait of a user by name, based on everything they write in email, every website they visit and the searches they conduct."
do you miss the experience of twitter where your Likes would randomly show up in other people's streams? even though if you wanted them to see them you'd have retweeted them?
well miss no more! i've written a mastodon bot that will automatically boost a random post that you liked, but haven't boosted! now everyone can see the weird hentai you're into
On my old Cyanogenmod that I don't bother to fix, #Telegram is my go-to camera app
3rd time on first year of Informatics undergrad
• ❤️ pureneß in Functional Programming
• DM open
• p.a.k.a. ArchieT
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!