@markusl @minoru Facts. Also, think about how much damage bugs cause to our (mental) health.
People, who have to use buggy software and people who have to maintain/develop it are stressed out, because of bugs.
They go home to their families and can't be their best selves as a parent or spouse, because they had to deal with annoying/buggy software that made them reaching their goals impossible.
We as developers have to take more responsibility for what we put out in the world!
That's a great thought, and it applies well beyond bugs:
* Slow software is stressful
* Inflexible software that doesn't put the user in control is stressful
* Software that measures or surveils the user is stressful
* Lazy or unhelpful error messages are frustrating
* Software that makes it hard or time-consuming to get the user's work done is stressful
* Software and Web sites that are gratuitously different from established conventions are stressful.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!