Why AM/PM is a bad idea:
- It's more complicated.
- Is 12:00 PM in the morning or evening? I don't know.
- 12:00 PM followed by 12:01 AM, WTF?
- Which date does 12:00 PM belong to?
Benefits of 24-hour clock:
- Simple, hours run from 00 to 23.
- 12:00 is noon.
- 00:00 is midnight of the subsequent day
- 24:00 is the exact same time, but on the previous day
Thus, it's obvious what point in time I'm referring to when I say 7'th Oct 00:00.
Now, let's fix DST.
@loke DST is at least getting fixed in the EU.
@loke If by fix you mean KILL WITH FIRE then I am with you.
@ersatzmaus Yes, that's exactly what I meant. ;-)
@loke 11:59am, 12:00pm - not 12:00pm, 12:01am. :)
functional.cafe is an instance for people interested in functional programming and languages.