I generally see my microblog posts to be pretty normal, but my mother asks me about the things I say on here in a very concerned way.
Hi mom. This list is pinned for you to help get rid of some confusion
* GNU is not a drug
* I cannot download drugs
* I am not suicidal, it is just part of the joke.
* I am grammatically incorrect, not mentally ill.
* I am not part of a gang.
* The flashing button that says "Fix my computer" is NOT to be pressed.
* I may not always show it, but I love you.
What Are Capabilities?
See also #spritely
Oh yeah, it's #IDAD (International Day Against DRM) again today.
I don't like DRM.
There - I said it. See you all next year.👍
"The Expert", a popular comedy sketch. One of my favourites.
Hello. This weekend I'm going to update this instance to Mastodon v3.0.0... There are a lot of changes, some are breaking too, so take a look at the changelog:
The most important, I thinks, is that OStatus support has been removed.
* Measurement, by Paul Lockhart
* Prelude to Mathematics, by W.W. Sawyer
* Joy of X, by Steven Strogatz
They're all very good so far.
Heads up, the 2012 Harvard print of Measurement has such a nice font & line height, it's almost distracting!
When I was learning the basics of #Lisp, I got confused between "let" and "set" a lot.
I mean, you "set" your glass on the table, and "let" it get filled with water.
But it's the opposite in Lisp
You "let" your glass *exist* on the table, and "set" its *value* to (cons water glass).